- Do you have plenty of cash in small bills stashed in the event there is no power, or you need to barter to get things you need during a disaster? Most ATM's will run out of cash, businesses may not be open and your best bet to buy stuff will be from people hawking stuff on the corner - for cash.
- Do you have plenty of dry food (cans, dry mixes, dry milk, beverage mixes, pet food), enough for a weeks worth of meals? Make sure you have an old fashioned manual can opener too, or be sure all your cans are pop tops.
- Do you have water or drinks enough for 3 days (at least a gallon a day per person)? This doesn't include bathing or cooking water, so a clean source of water for that is important too - fill your tub or sink for cleaning.
- Do you have a bug out bag in case you need to leave your home - a change of clothes, cash, medications, sturdy shoes (not just sandals), silverware,etc.
- Do you have a weapon to protect your life and/or property in the event of a disaster and there are no police services?
- Do you have your automobile's full of gasoline, a spare 5 gallon can of gas, a full canister of propane for your grill?
- Do you have flashlights and batteries that work? First Aid kit?
- Do you have some basic tools, keys, portable Radio and Telephones?
- Are your important documents secured in a waterproof safe or in a safety deposit box at the bank? Can you scan them and take the data device with you?
How Prepared Are You For A Hurricane?